I love the movie adaptations,
the TV adaptations,
and the book adaptations--
--so I was excited to see the Sherlock Holmes Museum at 221B Baker Street in London when we were there in February. (I've had this almost ready to post for weeks and weeks.)
When Duff, Micaela and I got there first thing in the morning the line was outrageously long and we waited 50 minutes to get inside. It is designed to look like Sherlock and Watson have popped out of their flat for a minute. Honestly, it was a huge disappointment. The gift shop was fun to browse, though, and it was fun to take Micaela's photo with a Victorian bobby.
Then we made our way to the Handel House Museum. We loved this little museum!
It was a thrill to be in the actual place where Handel wrote The Messiah. And we loved hearing Baroque music reverberating through the building. (They invite musicians to rehearse here.)
When Micaela and I (Duff was at work.) were on our way to the Victoria & Albert Museum, we ran into the LDS sister missionaries. It shook me up a bit when the sister who had just arrived said that she could be Micaela's trainer in a few months. :)
This museum has 145 galleries and we didn't have time to see them all, but my favorite one was the fashion exhibit that spanned four centuries.
On to the West End--a highlight for Micaela and me!
Each of us chose a show.
Micaela chose Once. It had been a magical experience for me when I saw it on Broadway and I raved about it so much that it was Micaela's top choice. She loved it too!
I chose Jersey Boys and I liked it a lot more than Micaela did. We weren't prepared for the amount of bad language or the skimpy costumes (should have done more research) but I loved the music, which brought back so many fond memories. The story was sweet and inspiring.
Bob was able to come with us to only one play and he chose 39 Steps, a great comedy with a cast of four who portray many characters.
Each of us chose a show.
Micaela chose Once. It had been a magical experience for me when I saw it on Broadway and I raved about it so much that it was Micaela's top choice. She loved it too!
I chose Jersey Boys and I liked it a lot more than Micaela did. We weren't prepared for the amount of bad language or the skimpy costumes (should have done more research) but I loved the music, which brought back so many fond memories. The story was sweet and inspiring.
Bob was able to come with us to only one play and he chose 39 Steps, a great comedy with a cast of four who portray many characters.





No comments:
Post a Comment