Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Happy 22nd birthday!

Ryan's birthday would not be the same without his favorite "birthday cake," which is a family tradition. I first tried my hand at this cake when Duff and I were engaged. He was living at home in Wyoming, working in construction on luxury homes, and I was at BYU to take advantage of my scholarship. The weekend of his birthday, we met at my parents' home in Providence and I wanted to surprise him with his mom's recipe. I made it the day before he arrived and put it in the fruit room in the basement. The next day, when I brought it up it didn't look so pretty. A lot of the fluffy frosting had sunk into the cake. But I've had many years to practice making this cake since everyone in the family, except Micaela and I, request this cake for their birthdays. Micaela has coffee cake and I usually have berry pie.
"And he huffed and he puffed."

No girlfriends this year :(


Don, Mandi, and Robbie came over for dinner. Don flung Robbie in a circle and then Robbie would stagger around. I wonder what he thinks about all these people who laugh and smile at everything he does. Adorable child.


We tried to get Robbie to hug a stuffed animal and say, "Ahhh," but he wouldn't do it on demand. He did do a lot of other cute things, though, like give five, ten, twenty and knuckles.


Robbie's good at giving hugs!

No comments: